A new law, effective January 1, 2016 amends the Illinois Motor Vehicle Code to allow court supervision for first-time offenders who are charged with aggravated speeding (over 25 mph over the limit). It prohibits an order of supervision to a defendant charged with speeding 26 miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit established under the Illinois Vehicle Code or a similar provision of a local ordinance if the defendant has been: (1) previously convicted for that violation or a similar provision of a local ordinance or any similar law of another state; or (2) previously assigned supervision for that violation of the Illinois Vehicle Code or a similar provision of a local ordinance or any similar law of another state (rather than not available for a first-time offender). Under the new law, supervision will not be permitted if the aggravated speeding occurred in a construction zone or in an “urban district”.
We handle all traffic matters, including the following:
- Speeding and Aggravated Speeding of 26mph over the Posted Speed Limit
- Speeding in a School Zone or Passing a School Bus
- Reckless Driving
- Street Racing and Squealing or Screeching of Tires
- Fleeing and Eluding a Police Officer
- Illegal Transportation of Alcohol and DUI
- Suspended and Revoked Driver’s License
- CDL Licenses
- Accident Cases
- No Insurance Violations
- Speeding in a Construction Zone
- Secretary of State Drivers License Reinstatement Hearings
A conviction for some of these violations may result in a suspension, revocation or cancellation of your driver’s license. In addition, a jail sentence or large fine may result.
If you were ticketed as an Illinois CDL holder, you must notify your employer within 30 days of receiving your citation.
A serious offense can result in a “disqualification” of your CDL, which prohibits the operation of a commercial vehicle. Such offenses include:
- Reckless driving.
- Refusing a chemical test.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol (DUI)
We have represented clients in these matters since 1978. We have the experience to protect your driving privileges.
24/7 emergency service. Call ande connect directly to a lawyer.
Call Marder & Seidler at 847-985-6767 for a free and confidential consultation.